Friday 19 December 2008

Christmas Wishes

Those of you who read this blog regularly will know that on the 14th of September this year 'The Grace Project ' was launched. This project operating under the umbrella of The Crystal Earthworks is focused on working specifically with children and young people to teach them a greater understanding and appreciation of the natural world and instill a sense of care and concern for others and our planet through the use of crystals.

The seeds for this part of the work have been partly sown through raising my own children - still very much ongoing as they are only six and eight! As I am sure it is for many parents, I have rare moments of feeling I am doing a really good job and many other moments when I feel I have much to learn. However this week I had one of those moments when I felt I must be doing something right and that it would good to share it with you all.

My daughter Ellen who is six, was asked yesterday at school to write her wishes for Christmas on a piece of paper entitled 'Christmas Joy' to go in a cracker and this is what she wrote:

'I wish people are happy.
I wish people dont pollute.
I wish everybody has a great lafe (life).
I wish everybody has a home.'

I felt really touched that in these times of materialism and with all the pressures on children to have the latest toy, gadget, or present especially at this time of year that these were her wishes.
Below is a photograph of some art work she did this summer of the Earth divided in half to show how she felt it looked in a polluted state and how it could look in purity!


Thank you Ellen.

No comments: