Tuesday 2 October 2012

Earth Connection

 Out walking this morning, I had a reminder of how important it is for us all, in our busy lives, to take time to be still and peaceful outside on a regular basis, even if its only for a few moments at a time. 

We are blessed here in Orkney with many wonderful walks but one of my favourites is up on the moorland behind our house, where you can often walk for miles without seeing anyone. I spent a short while up there today, simply lying in the heather in the sunshine and allowed myself to completely relax onto the ground beneath me. In doing this, I had a real sense of Earth connection, as I felt my energy merging with the land below, bringing a feeling of renewal and support as well as a true reminder of the interconnectedness of all things.

For how are we ever to heal our beautiful planet, if we forget to allow ourselves to experience her nurturance and the part we each play in her vast web of life.


Moorland, Orkney, today, in the October sunshine


 Moorland stream, Orkney, today


No comments: